Below are some simple but powerful words. Discuss them (or some) at your next staff team meeting. Use them for discussing customer care, patient care and working together as a team.
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Don’t believe all you hear
3. When you say sorry look the person in the eye
4. Never laugh at people’s dreams, we all have dreams.
5. In a disagreement, fight fairly, no name calling.
6. Don’t judge people by their relatives, creed or wealth
7. Talk slowly but think quickly
8. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask “why do you want to know”.
9. When you lose don’t lose the lesson.
10. Remember the three R’s
- Respect for self
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
11. Don’t let a disagreement ruin a good friendship.
12. When you realise you have made a mistake take immediate steps to correct it.
13. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
14. Treat people as you would want to be treated.