- Acknowledge the other persons viewpoint
- Apologise if appropriate
- Find a solution and move forward
- Agree action to be taken.
- Pass judgement
- Try to win
- Pass the buck
- Forget to do what have promised
SIX STEP APPROACH TO COMPLAINT RESOLUTION
- Listen – do not argue
- Acknowledge viewpoint or inconvenience
- Go to the solution – do not dwell on the complaint
- Follow the complaint through
- Reach closure
- Be sincere
COMPLAINT FOLLOW UP
- Get all the necessary information
- Set time for call back or appointment to discuss the complaint
- If you make a telephone call and there is no answer make a note of the
time and the date you made the call.
- Log all complaints and outcome
- Follow through and feedback to all necessary parties.
- Review policies to ensure that the same complaint does not happen again.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT ?
- You will have more confidence in dealing with the next complaint
- Your job will have more purpose
- Your job will be more rewarding and satisfying
- Your job will be easier
- Your job will be more interesting
- You will be valued by your employers, team members and patients
- You will enjoy testing and improving your skills